SCAMMING PEOPLE ONLINE AS WELL AS OFFLINE
Today I am going to share some instances of new kinds of fraudulent activities, both online as well as offline. With the advancement of science and technology, the modern thieves have also equipped themselves with innovative ideas to trick gullible people into parting with their hard earned money. In fact, all these instances are messages forwarded on the WhatsApp to caution people from falling prey to these dirty tricks.
Now a new funda fraud has started. Someone deliberately sends money to your account or Google Pay and calls you and tells you that this money has been mistakenly received in your account. You should send it back to my number. If you send the money back, your account will be hacked. Your account is hacked so if anyone has received money please don’t return it or tell them to come and take it as cash at nearest police station with ID Proof please note this fraud has started now be careful thank you..
Mumbai police 👮♀️
SCSS FRAUD BY BANKS**Real experience related to SENIOR CITIZEN SAVING SCHEME (SCSS) DEPOSIT.**
Banks have been found to looting our hard earned money.*•
*Senior citizens invest in SCSS for better interest rates (always 0.7% higher than PPF) and safety as it is guaranteed by the Goverment of India.*
*However, fraud starts when the deposit holder dies and nominee/legal heir is forced to close the deposit by the law.*•
*Few Banks treat such closure as premature closure of deposits*• *These banks therefore refund the original deposit money after deducting penalty.*
• *This deduction is the fraud* and most accept this deduction as genuine deduction as they lack the knowledge or they don’t have time to follow up with authorities.•
*Income Tax website clearly mentions rules governing SCSS deposit. *Sub Section 5 of Rule 8, clearly states that no penalty deduction shall apply in case the deposit holder dies.The original gazette notification for this SCSS scheme is 490 (E).*
Some one has just *experienced this fraudulent deduction from BANK OF INDIA KANDIVALI station branch, Mumbai*. He fought for about 45 days with the bank with e-mails to higher authorities, personal visits and twitter tagging.
*Eventually he received about Rs. 9,500 back from the bank that was deducted as penalty treating the SCSS deposit closure as premature despite the fact that the closure was due to death of the deposit holder.*Just imagine how many SCSS deposit holders must be dying every year and amount that banks may be deducting as penalty for closure!*Update your information on such schemes. Be aware.* We request all RETIREES ASSOCIATIONS & FEDERATIONS, & individuals, to take up the matter with finance ministries and IBA & CEO OF all banks to issue, IMMEDIATELY, circular to STOP this unjust & cruel penality to widow of deceased depositor.
Received from-*Police Announcement
*This is to inform all the citizens that the Mobile Sim Card 5G service has been started, this is something you already know. Some miscreants of cyber crime will call your mobile and tell you to update your Sim card from 4G to 5G and you will get an OTP. Do not provide OTP.
If you tell them the OTP number sent by them sometime they will transfer all the money in your Bank Account Or Mitra App to their account
So, please don’t tell if any stranger asks for OTP.* Please share this information to others.Regards Rakesh c Police Inspector Cyber Crime Police Station Bengaluru Rural District
HIGH SECURITY ALERT:
Beware, the latest way to rob a house is a group going door-to-door pretending to be home affairs officers. They have documents and letterheads from the Department of Home Affairs and claim to confirm that everyone has a valid identity card for the upcoming census. They are looting houses. Please note that no such initiative has been taken by the government. Please send this to your neighborhood group chat. They are everywhere and they look presentable. Please alert your family and friends. A person comes home and says * I want to take your photo/thumb impression under ‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme. They have a laptop, a biometric machine and a list of all its names. They are showing a list and asking for all this information. It is being told that this is all fake. Pls don’t give him any information. Please tell women, especially if they show ID, please don’t let them inside the house.
ALWAYS TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR LUGGAGES, WHEN CHECKING-IN* as that *WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE.*Another very important tip to practice when traveling, especially flying with check-in luggages.🕵️THIS MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE**REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR LUGGAGES/BAGS BEFORE CHECK-IN
1) He flew into Nigeria from Germany using Turkish Air.
2) He arrived Nigeria but one of his bag, with his name tag was missing. He made a complaint and he was told to go home that the airport officials will look for it and give him a call
3) He got a call around midnight that his bag had been found and that he should come pick it.
4) On getting to NAHCO he was surrounded by over zealous Nigerian police security operatives -DSS, NDLEA etc. The bag he was shown indeed had his name tag but the bag was not his.. Someone had removed his original tag from his missing bag and tagged it to the bag which had possibly hard drugs.
5) He insisted that it was not his bag and proceeded to show them photos of his bag which he took before arriving Nigeria.
6) Despite the proof of the photos he still went through rigorous screening before he was finally release. Suppose he did not have the photos. He said only God knows what will happen to his life. 7) He approached Turkish airlines and caused a scene at there office. He was eventually compensated heavily by the airlines for the trouble.
8) He advised all travellers to *ALWAYS TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR LUGGAGES, WHEN CHECKING-IN* as that *WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE.*
Whom to trust or not to trust is a million dollar question yet to be answered.
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to visit my website. Hope you enjoyed reading my blogs. 😊😊