A GLIMPSE INTO INDIAN GLORY.
Today India celebrates her 73rd Republic Day. I wish all my Indian brothers and sisters in India and across the world, a Happy Republic Day.
As the largest democracy in the world, She has numerous achievements under her name. I wish to share some of them with you. Let’s start with some well-known quotes about India by major stalwarts across the world.
Famous quotes on India
India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. (Pinterest.com)
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.’’
“If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problem of life, and has found solution. I should point to India.”
SIR WILLIAM JONES
“The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity is of wonderful structure, more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin and more exquisitely refined than either.”
Amazing facts about India
1. It’s interesting to note that there is a temple of rats in Rajasthan. ( www.globotreks.com) It’s called Karni Mata Temple and is in a place called Deshnoke, 30 kms from Bikaner in Rajasthan.
2. Lake Roopkund, located in the Himalayas at an estimated 16,470 feet, has human skeletons visible at its bottom when the snow melts .( Wikipedia and www.globotreks.com). They are supposed to be of those who perished during a severe hail storm around 9th Century.
3. Popular indoor games like the chess originated in India around 6th Century AD and spread to Persia ( Iran) Wikipedia and Snakes and Ladders around 2nd Century AD which spread to the US as Chutes and Ladders.
India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Modern Humans from Africa made their way into Indian Sub-continent around 55,000 years ago. ( Wikipedia) However, India never invaded any country in all these years, confirming the fact it’s a peace loving nation.
5. Hinduism is the oldest religion in the world and dates back to 15- 5 century BCE. It is the third largest religion in the world with an estimated 1.2 billion followers, accounting for 15-16% of the global population. ( Wikipedia).
6.Shani Shinganapur is a village in Maharashtra having a unique distinction. The villagers do not have a door or lock on a single house. People are God-fearing and there is no record of any criminal activity for nearly 400 years. (www.globotreks.com)
7. India has the current tallest statue in the world. The Statue of Unity dedicated to Shri. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat measures 600 foot (182 m) in height. (www.globotreks.com).
8. India accounts for nearly 70% of the spices produced all over the world like turmeric, cumin, saffron, and chili powders. (www.globotreks.com).
9. India has an amazing floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar. (www.globotreks.com)
10. India inroduced the concept of zero and decimal system to the world. Important concepts in Mathematics like Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus also originated in India. It produced great mathematicians like Aryabhatta, Brahmagupta, Bhaskara II and Varahamihira around 400 CE to 1200 CE.
Besides, I am proud of the fact that India is the only country in the world having an ocean named after it. ( The Indian Ocean). I wish you all a very Happy Republic Day, once again.
I have just compiled a few of the amazing facts on India. There is plenty of interesting information on the unique country that speaks nearly 29 languages and is a perfect example of unity among diversity.
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to visit my website. Hope you enjoyed reading my blogs. 😊😊